Format for Dictionary is as follows:
link to Article 1
link to Article 2
link to Article 3
- Backlink: The links coming into your site.
Back Link Article
- Directory: A listing of businesses and websites compiled by humans. Web masters submit their websites to a directory instead of relying on spiders.
A Good List of Directory Here
- Forum:A discussion group on the Web about a particular topic. It is similar to a Usenet discussion, but uses a Web browser for access. Before the Web, text-only forums were common on bulletin boards and proprietary online services (see BBS). Web-based forums can include all the extras people expect from Web pages, including images, videos and downloads.
Although they can be entirely anonymous, forums often require registration of an e-mail address, username and password. Messages may be displayed in chronological order of posting or in question-answer order (a user posts a question, and all related answers are displayed under the question).
There is a variety of forum creation software for the Web, typically written in Java, PHP, Perl or ASP. The software can be used to create forum-only sites or to add a discussion section to any Web page.
A Good List of Forums Here
- Keywords, keyterms, and keyphrases: Keywords, keyterms, and keyphrases are the words often entered into a search engine by users. It could be just one word, a combination of words or a phrase.
Keyword Suggestion Tool
SEO Keyword Checklist
Keyword SEO for AdSense Optimization
Keyword Clouds (and Tool)
Top-left-down Webpages for Optimal Keyword Placement
- Link farm: A page full of links to a bunch of different websites. Used to trick search engines into giving a higher ranking for a keyterm on a particular page.
- PageRank: PageRank is the measurement for ranking of a page used by Google.
SEO: Search engine optimization.
SEO Tool 1: Backlink Checker
SEO Tool 2: Search Engine Simulator
SEO Tool 3: Keyword Cloud
SEO Tool 4: Keyword Suggestion Tool
SEO Checklist: Keywords
SEO Checklist: Links
- SERP: Search engine results page - the results page of a search.
- Spider: A spider is a computer program that crawls through the Web looking for web pages to add to a search engine index. It is also referred to as a webcrawler, crawler or a bot.
Top-left-down easy spiderable pages